Suits any tuna that we target on Avenger Gold Coast Fishing Charters: Mack Tuna, Yellowfin Tuna, Longtail Tuna, Striped Tuna. Use your favourite marinade and high heat to turn these pink flesh fish into an amazing eating fish.
Click here to return to all Recipes
Marinated Tuna on the grill
Marinated grilled Tuna!
Marinade (one of the following):
- Teriyaki (store bought bottle is the easiest)
- Honey soy garlic (put those 3 ingredients together, test it to get your personal favourite mixture right)
- French salad dressing (yes, you read that right, french salad dressing from a bottle makes a great tuna marinade)
- Any other marinade that you like can be used aswell!
- Sesame seeds can be added to any marinade, adds a bit of crunch and looks great
- Any veges you like go well on the grill also, maybe some chips into the oven aswell
- Take slabs/sides off tuna.
- Remove the RED parts from the middle of the slab, which is muscle/blood line surrounding the lateral line.
- Remove the rib section.
- Remove the skin.
- This will leave you with 4 loins, pink in colour, place the loins in the fridge to chill.
- Prepare your marinade.
- Slice bite size pieces from the loins and place in marinade.
- Prepare your sides, drinks etc.
- Setup a very hot grill, i use a gas cooker with the korean bbq style stove top attachment, but a webber or bbq is perfect also.
- Crack a beer, sit around the cooker with your sides and START GRILLIN' !
- Once on the hot grill, it should be turned after approx 15 seconds, then 15 seconds on the flipped side. Then pretty much eat it. Best when hot, straight off the heat, fish will continue to cook and possibly dry out if you leave it to cool.
- Usually the goal is for the tuna to still be rare in the middle, but cook it to your liking. Any fish, especially tuna can dry out if you cook all the way through.
Marinated grilled Tuna!
Our 5 hour ocean, reef and game Gold Coast fishing charter fee is $99 per person. Three boarding times are available ~ 6.00, 11.15am or 4.30pm.
Our 10 hour deep sea, reef and game Gold Coast fishing charter needs to be a whole boat booking for up to 8 people. Please see below for information.
You can book half day trips individually, pair, group, anything - We can build the party to a comfortable maximum of 12 guests.
Alternatively you can book the whole boat for your group only:
Half day fishing charter Monday to Friday is $1080 for up to 12 guests (This special price is $90 per person if you bring the whole 12!).
Half day fishing charter Saturday, Sunday is $1140 for up to 12 guests. Public holiday (Australia day, Good Friday, Easter Monday etc) rates apply.
Full day deep sea fishing charter monday to friday price is $1800, weekend price is $2100. Full day trips are generally capped at 8 people maximum, please enquire for more information. Lunch is not included due to insurance restrictions, dietary requirements, personal tastes etc. Please bring any food or drink you require. Example recommended food to bring is premade and individually wrapped sandwiches or breadrolls and other individually packaged items. Making food on board is difficult, it is recommended that food is premade and easy to handle once on board.
Included in all trips is all the help and advice you want from the skipper and deckhand (just ask!), iced water, soft drinks, tea, coffee, biscuits, sunscreen, bait, tackle and quality Penn and Shimano rods and reels. You can keep, release or share legal fish you catch. If your captures are kept, they are bled, gutted, iced and bagged for your conveinience.
HOW DO I ENQUIRE, BOOK AND PAY?
Text or call 0400775511 (Phone call hours are 9am-5pm, text and email anytime) or email firstname.lastname@example.org. To secure your booking we require your Visa or MasterCard details. We obtain a sufficient funds approval but do not take funds unless you no-show on your booking. Payment by cash, Visa or MasterCard is taken on the boat after boarding.
Our cancellation policy: Every week we receive a large amount of excuses to cancel at short notice, ranging from sickness, emergency, family issue etc. We know things happen, they happen to us too. Please let us know if you need to cancel as early as you can. We often turn away a large amount of people leading up to your booking. If you cancel (or no-show) and we can't refill the spots then we may have to charge you anyway. We don't like to do this, we have to do this to survive as a business. We hope you understand - in the event you cancel, we try to fill your booking, if unsuccessful we will debit your Visa or MasterCard and/or cancel your gift vouchers.